- the opening sequence. so weird and unrelated (except in tone) to the rest of the story.
- dissonance between written and spoken language. because it’s an English adaptation but it’s set in Sweden, so, like, they pretend they’re speaking Swedish and it’s coming out English, I guess? But the signs and cat food containers are still in Swedish?
- why is Daniel Craig doing a British accent? I guess he might as well, in light of the above complaint.
- ((do they have Marlboros in Sweden?? This causes me to doubt everything I learned from Die Hard, in which John McClaine can tell that the terrorists are “mostly European, judging by their clothing and…cigarettes.”))
- wth, Blomkvist, that’s very ineffective highlighting!! you don’t highlight every single word but one or two on a page, that negates the purpose of highlighting which is to mark key words or important bits out of the whole thing that your eye will jump to next time. Now your eye is going to jump to the whole damn page, in other words, no particular part, in other words, why the hell are you even bothering to highlight?!
- why are Blomkvist’s glasses perpetually dangling off his face under his chin?! Gross. Put them on top of your head when they’re not on your eyes like a normal person.
- how does Blomkvist immediately recognize that super-grainy black-and-white photograph as being Anita?! to speed up the story i suppose, (fine by me, this movie is too long as it is), but then the picture isn’t really that important later so who cares?
- seriously! the language thing is so jarring! they’re spelling out a bumper sticker from an old photo in an effort to track down a lead, “K-something, R-I-F, oh, it’s carpentry!” They are spelling in Swedish and speaking in English. RIDICULOUS!
- is it even possible to stitch a wound using dental floss?! that doesn’t seem like a good idea. why not just use super-glue?
- why do people in movies do stupid things like break into the houses of people they suspect to be serial rapist murderers, without waiting for backup or telling anyone where they are going, especially when said house is full of glass windows through which you are easily visible as you snoop through their house?!