- Too much verbal rehashing of the same situations, by robotic “your mission” voices and the team. Pick one or the other.
- Agent Hunt is right next to the building as it explodes and only gets a “minor concussion”?
- Hunt thrice demands “Pen. Pen! Pen!” from Agent Brandt but draws on his palm rather than think to ask even once “does anybody also have a piece of paper?”
- Hunt and Brandt should have at least attempted Russian accents when they met with Moreau, right?
- Bad guy reveals his face to Hunt complete with “dun dun dun dun DUN” music.
- Agent Carter codenamed Venus and given seduction role. Of course.
- Hunt’s arm doesn’t break when he falls violently onto the car elevator? Yeah right.
- Hunt’s “intentional 100 meter drop” in a car straight down doesn’t leave him incapacitated? Yeah right.
- Subtitled translation of Russian cursing written as “M@%#*$!!”
- Simon Pegg! (Agent Dunn)
- This line: “Gameface. Gameface. Kremlin gameface.” (-Agent Dunn)
- Subtitled Russian in Russian when knocked-out Agent Dunn wakes up, only switching to English subtitles as his head clears enough to make sense of what he is hearing.
- Brandt: “Your line’s not long enough!” Hunt (dangling from Burj Khalifa): “No shit!”
- Cultural detail of call to prayer in background of Dubai scene
- Russian bad guy has Russian keyboard
- Agent Carter allowed to change back into pants.
- Do flares really light underwater?
- Wouldn’t people in the other rooms of the Burj Khalifa see this guy climbing up their window?
- Don’t some countries have missile detection technology and a response plan to fire back if fired upon? I’m pretty sure if a nuke actually launches the mission to stop world destruction has failed.
- Agent Carter must have gone to the bathroom and re-did her ponytail first thing on the jet, because before boarding her ponytail has a part and while talking to Hunt on the plane it doesn’t.
I guess my annoyance and delight were pretty even. I enjoyed watching, it was definitely entertaining, and also dumb. What do you think?